Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Great and Difficult Things: My Mission

In preparation for the interviewing that I will be doing over the next few weeks and for my own records I wanted to write a little about my experiences that I will be talking about from my life.  My mission was one of those primary experiences that is more true to life as it is a time of great growth, difficulty, and joy; a myriad of experiences mostly hinging upon the people that one teaches.

The good:  During my mission I found that my pickiness for food died quickly and effectively.  I decided early on that I wanted to eat anything that they put in front of me, out of concern for offending them partly, but it was something that I felt I lacked growing up and something that I wanted to overcome; and so I did.  There were only two occasions that I found it difficult to eat the food, and only one of those did I turn it down only having eaten part of it.  But everything else I ate: every part of cow or pig, every vegetable or hot food, anything.

A weakness:  Looking for the good in those closest to me.  I could sometimes be unloving towards others that would criticize me or be hateful towards me.  I wish even now to improve upon this in my ability to be patient and tolerant towards all.

No comments:

Post a Comment